Our H.A.W.K.S. (Helping Academics With Key Skills) Program is a before and after school program designed to give students enrichment and remediation. The morning program is from 7 AM until 8 AM. The afternoon program runs from 3:15 PM until 5:00 PM. The afternoon program begins September 6th and the morning program begins September 7th.
* The program is open to all students in K-5th grade.
* The morning program will operate Monday-Friday on the days that school is in session from 7:00-8:00AM.
* The afternoon program will operate Monday-Thursday on the days that school is in session from 3:15-5:00.
* Students are required to maintain at least a 75% rate of attendance.
* If a child is in school but will not be in HAWKS, a note or call will need to be placed.
* This is a program that is offered beyond the normal school day. Students who are unable to maintain proper discipline will not be allowed to continue in the program.
* Bus transportation will be provided to children who live within the Highland School zone. Those choosing to be car riders may be signed out by a parent or designated adult in the school from 5:00-5:15.
* A parent will be required to attend the HAWKS Family Night Open House before the program starts each year and attend a minimum of two of the four parent meetings offered during the year.
Parent Night Calendar:
September 5th, 5:30-6PM - HAWKS Family Night Open House - Required for all parents of students attending Afternoon HAWKS.
Parents can come to the other three parent nights, as well, but must come to at least one more.
November 20th, 5:30-7:00PM - Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
February 6th, 5:30-7:00PM - Parent Night
April 24th, 5:30-7:00PM - Family Movie Night